This Marche recipe is for four people but the garlic is optional and is not always included, basically include it only if you like garlic otherwise you can easily leave it out. Personally I love garlic so when I make this plenty of garlic is included. The more garlic you use the more parsley you should add...for the sake of friends and family.
Grated pecorino cheese to taste
4 tablespoons of a good quality olive oil
A pinch of salt to taste
About a 1/4 of a small glove of garlic
small bunch of parsley
16 gr. of breadcrumbs
2 egg yolks
1) Prepare the stuffing. Do this by dicing the garlic, the parsley and the tentacles of the calamari.
2) Fry the bread crumbs in oil and add in the tentacles, garlic and parsley. Fry all together for a few minutes and then take it off the heat. You can also add a little white wine while cooking which I always do.
3) Add in the egg yolks, salt and pepper and grated pecorino.
4) Fill the calamari with the mixture and close them with toothpicks. Don't overfill them as otherwise when you cook them the ingredients will expand and burst the calamari.
5) Grease the calamari well with olive oil and grill on a hot grill, turning often and until a golden brown. Make sure you don't overcook the calamari otherwise they tend to become very rubbery.
For many more wonderful recipes from the Le Marche region of Italy get a copy of Cucina of Le Marche: A Chef's Treasury of Recipes from Italy's Last Culinary Frontier
For amazing recipes from every corner of Italy try our Italian recipe search engine.
If you enjoy my site I'd love your support.
All you need do is book via this link, or any of the hotel links on the website. It can be for travel to Italy... or anywhere else on earth.
You'll get the best deal available, and the income helps us stay independent and to keep bringing you the best of Italy.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.