There's a recipe that's perfect for you! Which one is it? Our quiz holds the answer.
Italian Panettone is world famous and no Christmas in Italy ( view guide) would be complete without this classic Italian Christmas cake.
You'll perhaps be surprised to discover that Panettone is not at all difficult to make and it is way tastier when homemade.
So why not make this Christmas an Italian Christmas with Maria's Homemade Italian Panettone Recipe.
1 Cup Flour.
1/8 Teaspoon salt
1 Package yeast, dry fast rising
2 Tablespoons of lukewarm water
3 Tablespoon Sugar, divided
8 Teaspoon Margarine
1/2 Teaspoon Orange peel, grated
1/2 Teaspoon Brandy extract
3 Ounces of mixed dried fruit, coarsely chopped
1) Sift together flour and salt onto sheet of wax paper; set aside.
2) In a small bowl sprinkle yeast over water; add 1 teaspoon sugar and stir to dissolve. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
3) In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat eggs with remaining sugar until frothy; add margarine and beat until well combined. Continue to beat while adding orange peel and brandy extract. Add yeast mixture, then gradually beat in the sifted flour; beat at high speed for 5 minutes. Add dried fruit, beating until thoroughly combined. Cover bowl with clean damp towel or plastic wrap and let stand in warm draft free area until dough is doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
4) Preheat oven to 400ºF/200ºC. Spray fluted mold with non-stick cooking spray. Punch dough down, then turn into prepared mold; bake in middle of center oven rack for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF /160ºC and bake until top is browned and cake begins to pull away from mold, about 30 minutes longer (cover with foil if Panettone is browning too quickly).
5) Unmold onto wire rack and let cool.
Don't feel like making your own? Get a ready made one below :)