Tiramisu Recipe (Lady Fingers)
What dessert could ever beat this Tiramisu recipe at the end of a meal? In English the name means pick-me-up and that is exactly what this delicious treat of coffee and chocolate will do.
Tiramisu is a recipe that was invented in the Veneto region of Italy, in the town of Treviso near Venice and not that long ago either - 1971 to be exact.
The Veneto is where my wife, Maria's family are from and you can discover plenty more on this fantastic region, from Venice through to Verona, over on Maria's Veneto and Venice blog.
If you enjoy this Tiramisu it would be great if you could click like below and/or leave a comment further down.
Here is Maria's mouth-watering and authentic Tiramisu recipe!
- 4 tablespoons of good quality espresso coffee
- 1 tablespoon of Grappa
- 3 eggs, separate the whites and the yolks.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces of Mascarpone cheese
- 24 Savoiardi biscuits
- 1 ounce of sweet chocolate, grated
- In a small bowl, combine the coffee and grappa; set this aside
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and set this aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks together with the sugar until thick and lemon colored. Add the mascarpone and blend together. Gently fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture.
- Lay half the biscuits along the bottom of a 10 inch (25 cms) square baking dish or else on a larger serving plate. Sprinkle with half of the coffee mixture.
- Cover with half of the cheese mixture, and repeat process. Refrigerate the tiramisu for 4 hours before serving. Serve sprinkled with grated chocolate.
Print this recipe...
More Secret Italian Recipes
Like us? Why not support me and Maria.
All you need do is book via the search box below, or any of the hotel links elsewhere on the website. It can be for travel to Italy... or anywhere else on earth.
You'll get the best deal available and the income we receive helps us to:
- Stay independent and to keep bringing you the best of Italy.
- Never have to accept money from hotels directly, so that we can share only those we genuinely love.
Nov 16, 18 03:40 AM
Maria's traditional Italian Panettone recipe. The most famous Italian Christmas cake of them all. Bake yourself a taste of Italy this Christmas.
Nov 15, 18 08:10 AM
Planning a trip to Italy? Then you really need to read our Italian itinerary before you book a single thing.
Nov 05, 18 12:01 PM
My wife and I have spent nearly ten years in Turin. On our site we share some great advice and insider tips on shopping in Turin, included are many of the best places to shop known only to the locals
Oct 30, 18 10:15 AM
Of all the Capri Walks this one wins my vote. The spectacularly beautiful Sentiero dei Fortini starts from the Blue Grotto (Grotto Azzurra) and ends at the Punta Carena lighthouse.
Oct 26, 18 10:49 AM
Photos of the most splendid countries on earth, Italy! Photos can never do it justice but these Italian images come close.
Oct 26, 18 10:41 AM
Here's how an idea to buy a house in Italy tuned into unforgettable evenings with friends, dinners that have to be experienced to be believed, views that take your breath away, clinking glasses filled…