Tour of Le Marche Itinerary
The first thing that will strike you in Le Marche is the wonderful bucolic landscape...
Then, over the next few
days, you'll be enchanted by the rich cultural heritage, the architecture and the quality of the local produce.
like to help you get under Le Marche’s skin, you'll meet local artisans
and experience authentic Italian rural life.
With the help of a friend who was born and
raised in the area and is extremely passionate about the
traditional Le Marche way of life, we are pleased to offer you the
one le Marche itinerary that will allow you to experience this
lifestyle that has remained unchanged for centuries.
Moreno grew up on his father’s farm where life was as sweet as the
ancient apple varieties they nurtured. Varieties such as the Mela Rosa
dei Monti Sibillini, Slow Food approved, and winner of the best gastronomic reviews an apple is ever likely to get.
His dream has always been to share this treasured land with the world and to this end he graduated from the University of Macerata with a degree in Tourism and rural Marketing.
He now works with many influential leaders of the Slow Food Movement, frontrunners in Italian gastronomy and he has appeared on Channel 4's “Feast with Heston Blumenthal”.
The great news is that he has kindly agreed to share a tailor made journey through the landscapes and villages of his childhood with my site's visitors...
Marche with Moreno
Day 1: Welcome to Le Marche
Welcome wine tasting followed by dinner at a carefully selected hotel
Day 2: Medieval Villages & Pottery
- Enjoy a breakfast in the hotel
- Visit to the Medieval Village of Ortezzano
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Visit a Pottery lab in Montottone Village
- Return to the hotel and dinner out
Day 3: Truffles
- Breakfast in the hotel
- 10:00 am: Class making fresh pasta with truffle sauce and a wine tasting of local wine.
- We leave the fresh pasta to dry while we meet the our truffle hunter and head out into the woods where we hope to find something.
- Expect no more than an hour of walking through lovely scenery while truffle hunting and then we sit down to a hearty and very welcome lunch of pasta and fresh truffles, other local dishes and of course the local wine!
- 4 pm finish the truffle hunting and we'll visit lovely Amandola Village and then it is back to the hotel.
- Dinner at the hotel
Day 4: Wine
- After breakfast we'll visit the winery of Filippo Panichi where you will be invited to taste his wonderful wines.
- Enjoy a lunch in the winery and then we visit the beautiful city of Ascoli Piceno ( the city of 100 towers)
- Aperitif in one of the historic bars of the City
- Return to the hotel.
- Dinner out
Breakfast at hotel and then you'll depart for your transfer to Rome Airport
842 Euros per person in double rooms
The price includes;
DAY 1: welcome dinner and wine
DAY 2: Visit to Ortezzano , Lunch in the restaurant and visit to the pottery laboratory
DAY 3: Truffle Hunting ( hunting, cooking class, wine tasting, lunch)
DAY 4: 1 wine tasting lunch included and, lunch,
Not included: Dinner out except for the first dinner
MINIMUM 2 PERSONS
About the Hotel
We have selected a splendid 14 bedroom boutique hotel, which was once a 17th century noble residence. Situated in the heart of Ascoli Piceno and only two steps away from the famous Piazza del Popolo.
You are assured of impeccable service, a lovely breakfast garden, tasteful furnishings and great lightning dominated by the local white travertino stone from which the whole town has been built.
Standard room for two €153
Prestige room for two €166
Best of Le Marche
A Tour of Le Marche
Like us? Why not support me and Maria.
All you need do is book via the search box below, or any of the hotel links elsewhere on the website. It can be for travel to Italy... or anywhere else on earth.
You'll get the best deal available and the income we receive helps us to:
- Stay independent and to keep bringing you the best of Italy.
- Never have to accept money from hotels directly - meaning that we can share only those we genuinely love.
Sep 06, 19 11:58 AM
Maria's traditional Italian Panettone recipe. The most famous Italian Christmas cake of them all. Bake yourself a taste of Italy this Christmas.
Sep 06, 19 11:51 AM
Planning a trip to Italy? Then you really need to read our Italian itinerary before you book a single thing.
Sep 06, 19 10:52 AM
Planning on shopping in Milan? Then you have to read our guide! It is packed full of advice on where to shop, what to buy and where the bargains are to be found.
Sep 03, 19 04:06 AM
Which are the best Italian ski resorts? Visit my insiders guide and discover the answer.
Sep 03, 19 03:54 AM
The cheapest flights toTurin from the UK, Ireland, Germany and the USA. You no longer have an excuse not to visit one of Europe's greatest cities.
Sep 03, 19 03:36 AM
Great beaches lapped by the waters of the Adriatic and stunning scenery make the Italian Riviera of Monte Conero a great place to visit.